Walkers' Forum

Started by MarkReid Jun 17 2010, 12:47
MarkReid
starstar
Jun 17 2010, 12:47
Welcome to The Inn Way forum.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my website. Hopefully you have just finished walking The Inn Way to the Peak District and want to share your experiences with the world. I look forward to reading your comments.
Cheers

Mark Reid

taylos1
Jul 29 2010, 09:55
Starting this walk on Sunday 1st August 2010, 3 generations of my family plus some friends (8 of us in Total)will let you know how it went on our return

taylos1
Aug 10 2010, 13:51
Well, Finished our walk one day early due to 3 of my team suffering injuries, two of which were recurring football mishaps (Strained Achilles Tendon, and flare up of Sprained Ankle) so basically it was no fun for these guys sitting around whilst the rest walked on, and subsequently we agreed to get the injured home early. As far as the walk went, I enjoyed the majority of it, but must say the villages were not as 'Quaint' as those in the Yorkshire dales,are somewhat 'Spread Out and Linear, and the locals did not seem as friendly (An armed Robbery took place in Hathersage the night we were there) Our first day, the longest day, supposedly 17.5 miles turned out for us to be 21 Miles (My map reading skills let me down to the disgust of my colleagues) This I think proved to be the Killer day and one that I think caused the injuries, as we were carrying fully laden back packs up to 40 LBS. We were able to ditch most of that weight on the following days thanks to the fact that the first injured party had to drive to the next destination. All in all a good time had by all, and an especially good night was had in the Star in Tideswell!!!
Top Tips, try to build up gradually to the longest day rather than take it on on the first one, also I would advise using a courier or a nominated driver to carry the bulk of your weight, "it's not an endurance activity, and your not training for the SAS" was my old mans advice which we should have taken earlier.
One point to note, some of the accommodation in the pubs left a lot to be desired, try to stick to B&B's if you can, they're far better.

Cheers
Steve Last edit: taylos1 Aug 10 2010, 14:34

The Inn Way - By Mark Reid Carbon Footprint
Walking with Elvis