Walkers' Forum

Walkers' Forum » The Inn Way to the English Lake District » Walking The Inn Way to the English Lake District

Started by MarkReid Aug 19 2010, 13:12
MarkReid
starstar
Aug 19 2010, 13:12
I am setting out this Sunday to re-walk the route for the new edition. I'm starting on Sunday at Braithwaite (Stage 3) and then walking stages 3, 4, 5 and 6, finishing at Coniston on Wednesday evening. If you're walking The Inn Way next week drop me an email and perhaps we could meet to walk part/all of the route and enjoy a pint or two. Thanks. Mark Reid

MarkReid
starstar
Sep 01 2010, 15:06
Actually walked Stages 2, 3 and 4 (Rosthwaite to Braithwaite, Braithwaite to Buttermere and Buttermere to Boot). The weather was fantastic and I had forgotten how beautiful this area is, particularly the walk between Buttermere and Wasdale Head via Scarth Gap and Black Sail passes.
Everything is fine with the route, although there is just one thing to be aware of. The path down through Gasgale Gill suffered some flood damage during the Nov '09 floods, with a small section where a landslip now blocks the path just below a rocky step and waterfall - you can get around this easily by hopping over the stream onto the left bank where a path takes you down through the valley.

MarkReid
starstar
Sep 17 2010, 15:27
Heading out on Monday to walk Stages 5 and 6 (Boot to Broughton then Broughton to Coniston). Looking forward to visiting the Blacksmiths Arms on Monday afternoon (hope they're open!).

The Inn Way - By Mark Reid Carbon Footprint
Walking with Elvis