Select a Title
Walking Weekends: Lake District
By Mark Reid (ISBN 978-1-902001-13-5, paperback, 248-pages, RRP £10:95)
"The most fun you can have in a weekend!"
SPEND A WEEKEND OF GREAT WALKING IN THE LAKE DISTRICT
Buy the book
- 24 circular walks from 12 villages throughout the Lake District, with two walks of varying lengths from each village, including a mountain walk and a lower level valley walk – ideal for a weekend break!
- Written by highly acclaimed outdoor writer Mark Reid, who has combined his knowledge of the villages, pubs and footpaths of Lakeland to create this new and unique book.
- Many people enjoy going away for a weekend, staying at a traditional Lakeland pub and then using the pub as a base from which to explore the surrounding countryside on foot.
- This new guidebook makes this weekend away experience a whole lot easier with details of where to stay, local inns, background information, historical points of interest and two walks from each of the villages.
- Featured villages : Ambleside, Boot, Braithwaite, Buttermere, Coniston, Glenridding, Grasmere, Great Langdale, Keswick, Patterdale, Rosthwaite and Wasdale.
- 12 pen & ink drawings, 24 hand-drawn maps and a 4-page colour photograph insert.